Tuesday, May 1, 2012

How I know I'm doing a good job

I did my school assembly program about bullying at an elementary school a couple of weeks ago (www.MagicAssemblies.com), and a little boy who came on stage to help me thought my jokes were hilarious. He was jumping up and down, his body was shaking -- he looked like he had ants in his pants! In fact, his gyrations were so extreme that I started wondering if something was wrong. Finally I asked him, "Are you okay?" "I have to pee!" was his answer. "YOU HAVE TO PEE??" I shouted, in front of the entire audience. Everybody, including the little boy, burst out laughing. "Well then," I said, "GO!!!" and pointed off-stage. That's one way I know the kids are having a great time in my show: when they can't even hold their water!

No comments:

Post a Comment